Friday, July 19, 2013

Moonlight Feels Right



As I was just now reading a review in the Atlanta Journal about a pretty successful cover band out of Atlanta named Yacht Rock Revue, I came across the name of a band, also from Atlanta, that I had totally forgotten --- Starbuck.

My friend Darlene loved these guys. When they played at one of the venues, the Mad Hatter or Scarlet O'Hara's, in the mid 1970's at the then hopping Underground Atlanta, she made sure she had a front row seat.

If I was ever there for that, I don't remember -- but I do remember listening proudly, as an Atlantan, whenever this song played on the local radio station. Oh, and I think they played it a lot.

*grins*

"The wind blew some luck in my direction
I caught it in my hands today
I finally made a tricky French connection
You winked and gave me your okay...."

Moonlight.
Feels Right.

And yeah, we thought they looked cool.

FTR: One guy on You Tube claimed this song climbed at one point in 1976, to number three. According to this site, it was number 34 on the Billboard pop charts in 1976.

Hard to believe.

But maybe.

After all -- on that same list, just look --- they were beaten out by the likes of Johnnie Taylor, Wild Cherry, and Hot Chocolate.

I mean, after all, it was the 70s.


1 comment:

  1. I remember it like it was yesterday.....it was a catchy tune!

    ReplyDelete