Monday, August 26, 2013

Showering Kayla

On Sunday, my sister-in-law Sally and I gave our nephew Andrew's fiancée a shower. Hosted at my house at three pm, we invited family and friends to eat, celebrate, and shower Kayla.
 
Bringing out the silver and the good manners, I know we made Hazel, currently residing in Heaven,  proud.
 
"Making Hazel proud" is a phrase my lifelong friend Gloria use to quip whenever I behaved ladylike, which apparently isn't that often. LOL
 
FTR: Hazel is my mother.
 
 



We prepared the table.
 
 


Talented Sally created these "perfect" favors.
Aren't they fabulous?
 

 
I ordered the petit fours.
*tee hee*
I'm talented too.
 
 
The guests gathered, and
 
 
the beautiful Kayla, resplendent in red, opened her gifts like a pro.
  
 
Sister Emily carried the haul for the bride-to-be.
 
 
The family posed.
 
 
Kayla and Margaret, mother of the groom
 
 
Kayla with Sally and me
 
AND
 
 
Andrew and Kayla.
 
32 days and countin'.
 
Wedding blog coming up.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, Hazel would have been proud. You know how to throw a shower! (BTW - Is it wrong that I thought of TVs Hazel who worked for the George Baxter family?) Everything is beautiful, and I especially like the petit fours you bought with your own two hands. Don't suppose you saved me one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clean up real nice, old friend. Lovely table top and lovely group of Southern Belles.

    ReplyDelete