Thursday, September 2, 2010

Who is Cory Doctorow?

Damn Dan Brown | English Muse

I love this blogger -- she's all kinds of fun. Go to this website and check out who you write like -- it's hilarious.

I plugged into this analysis of my writing ... it said that I wrote like Cory Doctorow? Who? I Googled him, of course; it was not much help.

*giggles*

You should try it -- maybe you'll find out you write like Hemingway or Faulkner or Proust. Heaven forbid, no pun intended, that you write like Dan Brown.

LOL

You think if Cory plugs in -- it will tell him that he writes like me?

Bwahaha.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting! I tried the site 5 times. I apparently write like Vladimir Nabokov, Robert Louis Stevenson, and David Foster Wallace. Hmmmmmm Weird! Something tells me the algorithm may need a little more work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least those are writers I've heard of ---

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apparently write like: Kurt Vonnegut, David Foster Wallace (2), Bram Stoker, Dan Brown, and J.D. Salinger. I tried 6 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL -- that's respectable, Jessica. Perhaps, I need to submit more than once too.

    Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, after my last post here was determined to be like Cory Doctorow, I was curious to see how some of my fictional writing faired. It seems that my samplings came out with Arthur Clarke, Mary Shelley, Jonathan Swift, H.P. Lovecraft, Vladimir Nabokov, and Jane Austen.

    Now, TT, you get to figure out which of those authors I hit multiple times. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I tried it 3 times. Twice it said I write like Stephen King but in the middle it said Cory Doctorow.

    I'll take Stephen King and his money please. :P

    ReplyDelete