Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It is well with my soul....






When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

Last night, Laura took me to a beautiful pocket park to take pictures of the Indian River at sunset.
As I stood there, camera poised to attempt to capture the beauty of the water, the sky, and the light, I hummed that song in my head.

"... peace, like a river..."

Totally. Peace.

Spafford knew, didn't he?

Large bodies of water bring out the spiritual in me.

BTW: My Dad loved that song -- it reminded him of his Aunt Alice, his father's sister who had a beautiful singing voice. In the small county in Missouri, Callaway County, where my dad grew to manhood, there was high demand for her to sing at funerals. My father, who began driving at age eleven, drove her to and from the funerals of his neighbors and sat in the back of small, country churches and listened to her sing that song.

*sigh*



No comments:

Post a Comment