Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tallulah, a Wasp, and a Wonder

I love pictures like this of cats -- where when I clicked, Tallulah was in the picture.

LOL

These were taken this past weekend in the mountains of North Georgia where our "retirement" home is... it was hotter than Key West during Fantasy Week.

See that yellow, Adirondack chair in the background of that picture? I got stung by a wasp that had built its nest under the left arm rest.

Figures it was on the left.

I haven't been bitten by a bee since I was a kid.

It hurt like heck. At first I didn't know what happened? I was sitting there, and then "thwack" a wasp stings me.

*ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch*

I hadn't moved that fast since I got my official retirement papers.

My hand is still swollen, btw, in case you are worried.

It smarted.

Since Tallulah is normally an indoor kitty, she loves the mountains where she gets to go on the deck unsupervised since it's two stories up, and she knows that if she jumps from that height, no more tuna. Evah.



This is a bloom on one of the butterfly bushes at the mountain house.

Purty, ain't it? The bush was given to David and me in memory of his dad by the faculty at Kennesaw Mountain HS.


This last picture is of one of the day lilies that came up out of nowhere -- we didn't plant it, and there are no others like it on the property.

Ain't that wonderful?

1 comment:

  1. I can say with the greatest confidence that there is no way in hell you know how hot Key West is during Fantasy Week. (maybe butterfly bush week at the Biltmore) Love the pic of kitty leaving.

    ReplyDelete